Wednesday, June 15, 2011

NiGhTly Chore, I LOVE, but my husband HATES



























































































Flowers, flowers and more. I LOVE flowers/plants, I think it adds so much to a home, warmth, serenity and the feeling of "home".


I have to admit I'm addicted to a degree, I have flower gardens, pots, hanging baskets, etc. I always try to do the perennial route since they come back every year & you don't feel as if you are wasting your money as much as annual plants that dry-up and die in a few months.


Lowes sale racks are my "FAV" and then I found the local Walmart close to my work, has clearance shelves as well...always tempted on my lunch break to make a pit stop to see what is slashed down in the flower dept.


Every night after we finish dinner, I head out to de-head my flowers ( as this makes them bloom alot longer and look fresher as well) and get some H2O to quench them from the dry, hot sunshine of the day.


I personally find it relaxing to go around all of the flowers and do this "nightly chore" but of course my husband isn't as crazy about it, but he does help out when he is home early from work. With the heat that we have in Georgia a day or 2 without the nurturing much-needed water, the plants are pretty life-less.


I'm attaching a few photos of some of my colorful plants around the perimeter of our house....and some are taste-worthy....we have a Peach tree, Cherry tree and and some blueberry bushes as well....

1 comment:

  1. Girl you have some beautiful plants around your house. Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog it really helped.

    ReplyDelete