Monday, February 7, 2011

{ Not So Great "Date Night"....}


I was so looking forward to my husband & my "Date Night". My parents were keeping Chloe for us, had the whole evening planned, wanting to go to a nice restaurant, have a peaceful, quiet, relaxing meal with no potty breaks, or unexplained outbursts, just adult conversation....And then a nice movie at the theater ( hate spending $20+ for tickets, but I LOVE the atmosphere...cozy, and don't as likely fall asleep in the theater as I will home on the couch)....

After lunch Saturday, I start feeling not so great....was hoping it was just something I ate, but as my stomach started making noises & I had started getting light-headed I knew I was doomed....I went to my medicine cabinet and loaded up on Tums & some other meds, hoping this would help....A few hours later, I was a sick lady...I was so upset...but my Wonderful, very considerate husband insisted we just go get some Chicken noodle soup and head home...He could have got himself some take-out but he insisted he would eat some soup with me...As I lay on the couch he makes me some soup...and covers me up with the many blankets ( as anyone knows I am VERY cold-natured)...So needless to say our "Date Night" was a Saturday night laying on the couch ( in between many trips to the potty room), sipping soup, watching Hallmark movies....
Just little moments like this really remind me of the generous/caring/self-less man I married....I felt like a princess ( even if sick as a dog) just by being cared for in not- the - best - of circumstances....(Never once did he care that he might catch the virus I had, could have been food poisoning as well though from not -so - great place we ate lunch at.)
Thanks to my Nurse-made Husband for making the most of our night together.......

1 comment: