Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{Instilling the Value of Saving $$$}




All women/girls I know LOVE $$$, well actually all human beings do - just nature I guess. I've always been a "big saver" instead of the opposite "big spender"- I used to save my birthday/Christmas/tooth fairy money for either a really big item or just for use later on.
To this day, I still really ponder on purchases wither big or small - I always think is it something I REALLY need or more of a frivolous pleasure.
As a middle-schooler I actually grew greenbeans in my grandparents garden to sell to a local produce market for some extra cash - It was humid/hot/mosquito-swatting weather, but not too bad for the money I would make to save, as I had started, well actually my parents did a savings account for me to save for a car or college one day.
When I got about 17 years old, I had finally saved enough for a small compact car - I got my cute, little Honda Accord & paid cash for it, felt good to be so young & determined to pay for such a big-purchase. As most teens I knew were given a vehicle to drive and didn't care for it as someone that had worked very, very hard to get.

I could go on & on but now as a parent I am trying to instill the virtue of saving money to Chloe ( she's only 3 1/2 years old, I know, but never too young to get on tract) As she thinks that all of the toys/candy look so good, but I try to convince her of the things that she could buy one day with the savings she has put back. I started Chloe a Savings account when she was 3 months old - As an old saying goes..." Never to Early to Start Saving for the Future."

No comments:

Post a Comment